I have experience with many different technologies and programming languages. In particular:
- I am an expert in PHP. I have developed many web sites and web applications and I have experience in various open source PHP frameworks such as CakePHP, PEAR, Smarty, Zend Framework, as well as open source CMS such as Joomla, WordPress, osCommerce, Mediawiki and Scout Portal Toolkit.
- I am fluent in Python and use various packages such as Flask for web development and the NTLK framework for natural language processing. I am learning to develop invenio modules.
- I also know Java very well and I have developed applications using Apache Tomcat, Apache Ant, Apache Maven, netbeans, jetty, Active Objects, enunciate and Apache Wicket + Databinder.net.
- I am an expert in digital libraries (DSpace, Eprints, Invenio), aggregators, metadata schemas (Dublin Core, Europeana Semantic Elements, MARC) and protocols (Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH), SRU, OpenSearch, METS).
- I love Compass Style, SASS, Bootstrap and 960gs.
- I have deep knowledge of various specialized protocols such as: Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP), Eurobank ProxyPay, diavgeia opendata api, Internet Content Adaptation Protocol (ICAP), Google Blogger Data API and MetaWeblog API.
- I develop applications using C in unix, utilizing GNU tools (GCC, make, glibc). I have also developed a plugin for c-icap and squid in C. My favorite debugger is Valgrind.
- I am a big fan of Linux and open source in general. I use Debian on my laptop and servers (I have many) but I am also pretty confident with CentOS and RedHat Enterprise Linux. Additionally, I can implement and operate linux clusters using Red Hat Cluster Suite.
- I have a vast experience in the installation and management of Microsoft Active Directory in large installations. I am also familiar with Windows 2003 Server.
- I prefer writing large documents and publications in Latex.
- My favorite editor is of course vim.